1. What are your plans after high school? If going to college, what college (if you know) and what do you want to study there? Will you be playing hockey anywhere after HS?
Jared: Right now, my plan is to attend college to study Biomedical Engineering and Political Science, at either Duke, Northwestern, or Pitt. I would love to continue to play hockey after high school, either on a club college team or just for fun.
2. What is your favorite school subject?
Jared: Anatomy and Physiology, Child Development, and Stats.
3. Who is/was your favorite teacher (could be any teacher, all the way back to grade school even) at Mars and why?
Jared: Mrs. Wack, Mrs. Flowers, Mr. McCarthy, and Mr. Kuremsky - Each of them made their classes enjoyable, and I could always count on them for a good laugh or an interesting conversation.
4. What person (other than your parents) has had the greatest influence on you and why?
Jared: This question is really tough to answer because I have had so many influential people in my life. If I had to pick one, I would say my Uncle Chad. I can always count on him for personal advice, and he is a great person to talk with. I have learned so much about myself simply by watching and following his actions. I definitely would not be who I am today without him.
5. What is your favorite memory of your Mars Hockey career so far?
Jared: The overtime playoff win against Montour my junior season.
6. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
Jared: Rap and Hip Hop.
7. What is your favorite movie?
Jared: Aladdin (our family loves Disney movies).
8. What is your favorite book?
Jared: Where The Red Fern Grows by Wilson Rawls.
9. What is your favorite food?
Jared: Chicken Parmesan with Spaghetti.
10. How many siblings do you have and their names?
Jared: 2 Sisters: Reanna (10) and Layla (8) and 2 Brothers: Barrett (5) and Emmett (2).
11. How many pets do you have and what type.
Jared: 1 Dog, A Golden Retriever Named Brooks.
12. If you had the chance to have dinner with one person from history (living or dead) who would it be and why?
Jared: I would probably choose my great-grandmother. She passed away only hours after I was born, so I never got the chance to meet her. However, I have heard many stories about her and who she was as a person. I would love to get to talk to her.
13. What do you feel has been you biggest accomplishment so far?
Jared: Starting the Ice ALS charity event with the help of the hockey team, which I hope continues to help people long after I leave Mars.
14. If your life was made into a movie, what actor would you want to play you?
Jared: John Krasinski
15. What is one thing you cannot live without?
Jared: Definitely my family and friends, but Netflix is a close second.
16. What is the best vacation you ever took?
Jared: Every year we take a trip to the Outer Banks in North Carolina. I love the trip and the time I get to spend with my family on the beach.
17. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Jared: Ten years from now, I see myself graduated from college and pursuing a career that aligns with my interests. I plan to continue to keep hockey in my life, probably as a coach to my younger siblings.
Feel free to write anything you want in this section, a note to your parents, current teammates, coaches or anything you would like to say that wasn’t answered in the questions.
Jared: I am incredibly thankful for the many teammates and coaches I have gotten to play alongside. The game of hockey has taught me so much and I surely would not be the person I am today without it. To my younger siblings, I thank you so much for the love that you show me and I hope you find something that provides as much joy as you give me. To my aunts, uncles, and grandparents, I thank you for your continued support in sports and in life. On every team I have ever played on, I have always had the largest cheering section, and I thank you all for that. To my mom and dad, you two are unquestionably my biggest fans, supporters, and mentors. I definitely do not have enough room to thank you for all that you have done for me, but I can say that I would not be the person I am today without you.