1. What are your plans after high school? If going to college, what college (if you know) and what do you want to study there? Will you be playing hockey anywhere after HS?
Lindsey: I plan to attend Liberty University or Penn State after high school and play hockey for one of their club teams. I hope to study and major in journalism, communications, or public relations to become a sports media journalist.
2. What is your favorite school subject?
Lindsey: My favorite subject is yearbook!
3. Who is/was your favorite teacher (could be any teacher, all the way back to grade school even) at Mars and why?
Lindsey: Mrs. Yost is my favorite teacher because she is such a phenomenal person with so much character and dedication to her work and her students.
4. What person (other than your parents, you can talk about your parents in a later question) has had the greatest influence on you and why?
Lindsey: Someone that has had a huge influence on me is my hockey family at Steel City (not that Mars isn’t amazing). The girls are like sisters to me and the coaches are always there to help me become a better hockey player and help me to reach my goal of playing hockey after high school.
5. What is your favorite memory of your Mars Hockey career?
Lindsey: My favorite memory was last season when I played on JV as a junior. The boys and I were playing Peters Township and one of their players had snuck past our d and was on a breakaway towards me. He faked me out and slid the puck past my right leg pad, but just before the puck crossed the goal line I turned around and stopped it on my back hand. Cam went on to tell me that that was probably my best game ever. The guys loved it too, everyone went crazy, it was awesome.
6. Who is the funniest player on the team this season?
Lindsey: I can’t decide! All the guys on the team are clowns. They all have something to bring to the table and always find a way to crack me up at practice.
7. What is/was your best memory of high school?
Lindsey: My best memories always come on Friday nights when I take pictures of the home football games on the sidelines. The atmosphere is amazing and the fans, players, and staff are really fun to interact with.
8. What kind of music do you like to listen to?
Lindsey: Anything. I’ve been listening to the same music since I was fourteen. I’m too lazy too update my playlist and look for new things.
9. What is your favorite movie?
Lindsey: My favorite movie is probably Suicide Squad. It’s such a cool movie and Margot Robbie is awesome.
10. What is your favorite book?
Lindsey: My favorite book is Camino Island by John Grisham. It’s a great read.
11. What is your favorite food?
Lindsey: Sushi from Yama Sushi. It’s my favorite place to go and the special rolls are awesome.
12. How many siblings do you have?
Lindsey: I have one little brother I call Jack-Jack, he’s a freshman on the JV team.
13. How many pets do you have and what type?
Lindsey: I have a long haired German Shepard named Kaiser, a cat named Lucky, and a beta fish named Fish.
14. If you had the chance to have dinner with one person from history (living or dead) who would it be and why?
Lindsey: I would love to sit down and eat with someone from the 1800’s just so I could get a better grasp on how life was like back then and how much has changed since.
15. What is the best vacation you ever took?
Lindsey: My best vacations were always at OBX when 30+ family members would rent out a beach house and hang out by the beach all week.
16. Where do you see yourself in 10 years?
Lindsey: In ten years I hope to be in a contract with some sports team reporting on them or taking photos overseas for a vacation company so that I can finally travel!
17. What would you like to say to/about your parents?
Lindsey: Thank you so much for believing in me enough to let me play on the Mars team. Because of all the love and support you both have given me I have become the person I am today. Thank you for all the rides to all the rinks and tournaments you’ve taken me to and watching countless hours of practices and games. Thank you so much for everything you do and I love you both so so much.